Merit Opportunities connects Merit users with information on upcoming or ongoing opportunities they are qualified for. Users looking to discover new pathways based upon their merits will be provided with resources to assist them in preparing for that next step. Your organization will serve as those resources and your upcoming events, job openings, and more will be seen only by those that qualify for them.
Getting Started with Merit Opportunities
Requirements to create Merit Opportunities
Have an organization on Merit
Merit Opportunities is only available to those who have full admin privileges for a verified organization on Merit. If you have not yet registered your organization on Merit, you can learn how to do so here.
Create an opportunity
To create an opportunity, you need to define the following information:
- Opportunity name: The headline that appears on the opportunity card. It has a 60 character limit.
- Description: The body of text below the name that describes the opportunity in more detail. It has a 1000 character limit and must be plain text – no formatting, such as bold text, lists, or paragraphs, is available.
- Action link: The URL individuals land on when they click on the “Visit” button on your opportunity. Clicking this button will open the URL in the user’s browser.
- Category: Every opportunity must be assigned one of the following categories:
- Education and Training
- Target Merit or audience: What merit or what type of audience do you want to receive this opportunity? Do you want the merit or person to be active, inactive, or either to qualify for the opportunity? Each opportunity can only target 1 merit, but we can help you create duplicate opportunities to target multiple merits or audiences.
Merit Opportunities Digest: An email will be sent to individuals that have the targeted merit template when new opportunities are available. This email will show them how many new opportunities are available and give them a preview of the opportunities that were sent to their account. Individuals will have access to the events and opportunities that your organization has provided through the Merit App or by logging into their Merit profile on app.merits.com.
Get started by contacting us here!