Create a template for your digital merit or credential
To create a new merit template, navigate to your admin dashboard and then the Create a Template page, which is a subsection of the Merit Templates page.
The template creation screen is shown below:
Enter merit fields
- Merit Title: Enter the name of the merit. The name should say exactly what the merit is for.
- Short Merit Description: Enter a brief merit description, which can offer more information about what the merit actually entails.
- Upload Cover Photo: You can add a background picture to a merit by clicking on the Upload Cover Photo button. This will open the cropper and allows you to upload pictures.
- Choose Category: Select what category the merit falls under. In the drop-down menu, select from a list of categories provided by your org.
- (Optional) Recipients can only have one merit from this merit template: Select whether users can only receive one merit from this merit template.
- (Optional) Notify Merit Recipients Before or After Their Merits Become Active or Inactive: Select the option to notify merit recipients before or after their merits become active or inactive. Recipients will also always receive a notification immediately after a merit becomes inactive or active. Notify a recipient up to 365 days before or 90 days after a status change.
- (Optional) Additional Fields: Clicking the Add a Field button will allow you to attach a new field to your template. You can select a pre-made global field, custom field that your org has created, or you can create a brand new field for your org that you can use on your merit template. Each additional field you have will have its own field settings:
- The field can be Personal (all the values are filled in individually) or Universal (every recipient of this merit will have the same value for this field)
- Entering a value for the field can be Required or Optional. A required field cannot be made optional later, nor can it be removed. Once merits have been sent using a given merit template, optional fields can be changed to required, but only if all sent merits have a value for the given field.
Once all of the information is put into the template, the user simply has to click the Create Template button. The icon will turn green and become clickable after all of the required information has been entered.