Below are instructions to help you get started and get the most out of Merit Check-in.
- Set up Merit Check-in
- Create a digital activity
- Set up your Kiosk(s)
- Records, Reports, and Edits
- Send merits
Before starting with the Check-in app, make sure that you have registered your organization on Merit.
- Create an Org Form Link (for those that don't already have a Merit Profile)
- For those that already have a Merit profile, access the Create an Org form in your Profile Menu
You also need to have FULL admin permissions to access this app. If additional permissions are needed, please contact your organization account administrator.
Set up Merit Check-in
Access your system by navigating to the Merit Check-in webpage and click on Link with Merit. Merit Check-in will connect with your Merit account.
Step 1: Create a digital activity to represent your event. When your participants check-in, they will sign-in under this activity.
Step 2: Set up your Kiosk(s)
Available on laptops, all tablets, and smartphones!
Create a virtual kiosk for people to check-in from anywhere, from any device
Create a virtual kiosk URL (weblink) to:
- Send a URL directly to participants that will check-in to your event
- Create a kiosk on any device connected to the internet with a web browser and a camera.
- Learn more about setting up a virtual kiosk.
Option 2 ( available for iPads only)
Download and set up the check-in app for your iPad, so you can create a kiosk for your participants to use to check-in and verify their credentials.Learn more about setting up the check-in app for your iPad.
Step 3: Check-in
When it's time for your attendees to check-in, make sure to have your check-in kiosk ready to go. Participants can follow the steps below to sign in.
- Select the activity
- Sign in using one of three options:
- Enter a name and email address
- If participants have a Merit account, they can use their Merit login
- If participants have a Merit account, they can scan in using their Merit key.
- Tap on Done
Records, Reports, and Edits
To see your participant's activities and time spent at your events, navigate to the Check-in log on the left side.
- The Check-ins log will show you all check-in and check-out activity for your events.
- By clicking on Export, you will download a spreadsheet to compile total time spent at one or more activities.
- Edit a check-in time or check-out time by selecting the entry and entering the correct date/time.
Send attendees a merit
Your participants will receive check-in merits to track their activities. However, we suggest that you send out another merit to recognize their participation or customize their check-in merit. This merit can even be used as a qualification for future events. Learn more about customizing check-in merits here.
Interested in learning more?
Find more instructions about how to use Merit Check-in here